The operator must have read and understood all of the instructions in this manual before handling the rc_viscore stereo camera product.
If operating the rc_viscore stereo camera with the rc_cube product, the operator must have read and understood all of the safety, installation, and maintenance instructions given in the rc_cube manual.
The term “operator” refers to anyone responsible for any of the following tasks performed in conjunction with the rc_viscore stereo camera:
This manual explains the rc_viscore stereo camera’s various components and general operations regarding the product’s whole life-cycle, from installation through operation to decommissioning.
The drawings and photos in this documentation are representative examples; differences may exist between them and the delivered product.
Any use of the rc_viscore stereo camera in noncompliance with these warnings is inappropriate and may cause injury or damage as well as void the warranty.
- The rc_viscore stereo camera is protected according to IP54. High humidity or temperature can damage the device. Do not operate in an environment where combustible or explosive fumes may occur.
- The rc_viscore stereo camera needs to be properly mounted before use.
- All cable sets need to be secured to the rc_viscore stereo camera and the mount.
- Cables must not be longer than 30 m. The 8-Pin power supply cable must not be longer than 15 m.
- Power to the rc_viscore stereo camera must be supplied through an appropriate, separate DC power source.
- An appropriate power supply, which conforms to the EN 62368-1 standard must be used to supply power to the rc_viscore stereo camera.
- Check polarity and connections.
- The rc_viscore stereo camera’s housing must be grounded.
- The rc_viscore stereo camera’s and any related equipment’s safety guidelines must always be satisfied.
- The rc_viscore stereo camera does not fall under the purview of the machinery or medical directives.
Risk assessment and final application: The rc_viscore stereo camera may be used together with an rc_cube with a robot. Robot, rc_viscore stereo camera, rc_cube, and any other equipment used in the final application must be evaluated with a risk assessment. The system integrator’s duty is to ensure respect for all local safety measures and regulations. Depending on the application, there may be risks that need additional protection/safety measures.
The rc_viscore stereo camera is intended to be used in combination with a Roboception rc_cube or the SGM®Producer. The rc_viscore stereo camera together with a Roboception rc_cube are intended for installation with automated machinery, a mobile platform, or stationary equipment. They can also be used for data acquisition in other applications.
The rc_viscore stereo camera is NOT intended for safety critical applications.
The rc_viscore stereo camera is NOT to be used in dynamic environments or mounted to a robot end-effector.
The rc_viscore stereo camera may be used only within the scope of its technical specification. Any other use of the product is deemed unintended use. Roboception will not be liable for any damages resulting from any improper or unintended use.
Always comply with local and/or national laws, regulations and directives on automation safety and general machine safety.